(Adds details, analyst comments) By Unni Krishnan NEW DELHI, Jan 27 (Reuters) - India deferred on Thursday a decision on plans to sell stakes in engineering firm BHEL and carmaker Maruti Udyog Ltd, a move analysts saw as bowing to pressure from the government's communist allies. The government had announced plans to sell a 10 percent stake in Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd and up to 8 percent in Maruti as part of its privatisation drive aimed at raising funds to bridge its huge deficit ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-India defers decision on engineering, car firm sales" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.