BOMBAY, July 23 (Reuters) - Maruti Udyog Ltd , India's largest carmaker, said on Wednesday that its quarterly profit jumped nearly 11 times, powered by cost cuts and strong sales in the booming car market. Maruti, majority-owned by Japan's Suzuki Motor Corp , racked up a 47.5 percent jump in April-June vehicle sales from a year earlier. The company, which is persuading India's 290-million middle class to upgrade from motorcycles, was the nation's first stand-alone car company to list ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-India Maruti Q1 profit jumps on booming car sales" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.