(Adds Tata comment) MUMBAI, Sept 24 (Reuters) - Tata Motors, India's top vehicle maker, has started moving equipment from its factory in eastern India, the Times of India newspaper said on Wednesday, as the company scrambles to launch the ultra-cheap Nano car as planned. But a Tata Motors spokeswoman described the newspaper report as "speculative" and said one of the company's contractors had only moved some construction equipment for safety reasons. "The company has not said it was ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-India Tata Motors begins exit from Nano site-report" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.