(Adds detail, share price) MUMBAI, July 26 (Reuters) - India's largest car maker, Maruti Udyog Ltd. on Thursday reported a higher-than-expected 35 percent rise in quarterly net profit, boosting its shares by nearly 6 percent to a six-month high. Maruti, which has nearly half the Indian market with models such as the Alto and the Swift hatchback, has been trying to shift consumers to more expensive vehicles including its new SX4 sedan, which deliver higher margins. That, coupled with ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Indian automaker Maruti profit rises, shares jump" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.