(Recasts, adds Ceat statement, shares) NEW DELHI, Feb 24 (Reuters) - Two Indian tyremakers said they will reduce prices by 2 percent, passing on the excise duty cut announced by the finance minister on Tuesday. India cut the exise duty on a range of products to 8 percent from 10 percent, to help stimulate demand and shore up the flagging economy. Apollo Tyres Ltd said it will reduce prices by 2 percent, following cuts in factory gate taxes by the government on Tuesday. The new prices ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Indian cos reduce tyre prices to match duty cut" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642