(Adds quote, share price, background) MUMBAI, Aug 28 (Reuters) - India's second-largest motorcycle maker Bajaj Auto Ltd. said on Monday it will invest 20 billion rupees ($430 million) in a new manufacturing plant in the western Indian state of Maharashtra. The plant would produce a total of 500,000 units of three-wheelers and four-wheelers, including a goods carrier, the company said. Bajaj Auto signed an initial agreement with the government of Maharashtra on Monday to acquire 250 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-India's Bajaj Auto to invest $430 mln in new plant" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.