(Adds detail, share price) MUMBAI, July 27 (Reuters) - India's leading car maker, Maruti Udyog Ltd. , posted a better-than-expected 66 percent jump in quarterly net profit as cost savings and strong sales of pricier models outweighed high raw material prices. The result boosted its stock more than 3 percent to a six-week high of 790 rupees in a firm Mumbai market. The passenger vehicle market in Asia's third-biggest economy is forecast to nearly double to 2 million units by 2010, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-India's Maruti Q1 net jumps, shares climb" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.