(Adds quote, details, share price) NEW DELHI, Oct 31 (Reuters) - Maruti Udyog Ltd, India's biggest carmaker, reported an expected 3.1 percent rise in second quarter profit over the preceding three months as a tax cut and low interest rates propelled sales of its cheap, small cars. The automaker, held 54.2 percent by Japan's Suzuki Motor Corp , said net profit rose to 1.24 billion rupees ($27.4 million) in the quarter ended September 30 from 1.2 billion in the preceding three months. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-India's Maruti Q2 net profit at $27.4 mln" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.