(Adds detail, comment, share price) MUMBAI, April 24 (Reuters) - Top Indian car maker Maruti Udyog Ltd. posted a better-than-expected 24 percent rise in quarterly net profit on Tuesday, as demand for its fuel-efficient small cars helped offset higher costs. Small cars make up more than two-thirds of India's fast-growing passenger vehicle market, which had sales of 1.4 million units last year and is forecast to nearly double by 2010. But volatile raw material prices, firmer interest ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-India's Maruti Q4 net up 24 pct, shares jump" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642