(Updates with new quotes, background) NEW DELHI, Feb 27 (Reuters) - India's biggest vehicle maker, Tata Motors Ltd , said on Friday a sharp increase in domestic steel prices was pushing up costs, which could force it to increase vehicle prices. "The impact of the steel price increase is quite severe," Ravi Kant, executive director of Tata Motors' commercial vehicles business, told Reuters by phone from Bombay. "If the rates are revised even further, then it is surely going to have an ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-India's Tata Motors hit by steel price hike" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.