(adds quotes, details, background) NEW DELHI, May 21 (Reuters) - India's largest carmaker, Maruti Udyog Ltd, a unit of Japan's Suzuki Motor Corp , reported on Wednesday 2002/03 net profit jumped 40.1 percent from a year ago, helped by productivity gains and cost cutting. The automaker, held 54.2 percent by its Japanese parent and poised for a public issue later this year, said in a statement it posted a net profit of 1.464 billion rupees ($31.3 million) in the past year to March compared ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-India's top carmaker 02/03 profit up 40 pct yr/yr" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.