(Adds details) JAKARTA, Aug 25 (Reuters) - Indonesia's largest automotive distributor, PT Astra International Tbk , said on Thursday it may increase domestic car prices, as a weaker rupiah currency has pushed up foreign input costs. "Astra will review the selling prices (and) whether they can withstand the presure or not. If not, we will take action in phases," the firm's president commissioner, Budi Setia Dharma, told reporters. The rupiah touched a 3-1/2-year low on Thursday, trading ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Indonesia Astra may hike car prices on weak rupiah" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.