* GM losing as much as $49,000 per Volt sold * Cheap leases likely only exacerbate the losses * GM still years away from break even on the car * New plug-in competitors soon from Ford, Honda * GM says Reuters estimate of costs "grossly wrong" By Bernie Woodall and Paul Lienert and Ben Klayman Sept 10 (Reuters) - General Motors Co sold a record number of Chevrolet Volt sedans in August - but that ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-INSIGHT-GM's Volt: The ugly math of low sales, high costs" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642