(Recasts, adds details on filing, S&P downgrade and byline, changes dateline from previous NEW YORK) By David Bailey CHICAGO, Sept 30 (Reuters) - Auto parts maker Intermet Corp. said on Thursday it has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy reorganization, citing a record rise in raw material costs, especially for scrap steel, in North America and Europe. Intermet, which makes powertrain, chassis, suspension and structural components, said it expects manufacturing operations to continue ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Intermet files for Chapter 11, cites steel costs" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.