(Adds details from press conference) By Peh Soo Hwee SINGAPORE, Feb 27 (Reuters) - BMW plans to double sales in Asia in the next five years and sees a strong appetite for luxury cars in China, the German car maker said on Thursday. Munich-based Bayerische Motoren-Werke AG aimed to sell 150,000 cars a year in Asia by 2008, up from around 78,000 last year and given a big boost by China, where BMW will open a factory by the end of 2003, said Michael Ganal, a member of BMW's board of ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-INTERVIEW-BMW expects to double Asia sales in five yrs" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.