(Adds quotes and background) By Arif Sharif NEW DELHI, Dec 18 (Reuters) - India's Eicher group, a leading maker of light trucks and tractors, expects a recent business restructuring to lead to a two to three percent saving in costs, its chairman told Reuters on Thursday. Group flagship Eicher Ltd announced earlier this month it would separate its tractor, motorcycle, gears and engine businesses and merge them with another group firm, Eicher Motors Ltd , which makes trucks and buses. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-INTERVIEW-India's Eicher sees cost savings" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.