(Updates with background, Commission quote) ROME, Jan 29 (Reuters) - Any further European Union requests to Italy on the collapsed takeover of Autostrade by Spain's Abertis would be "useless insistence", Infrastructure Minister Antonio Di Pietro said on Monday. Di Pietro, whose objections helped unravel the toll-road deal last month, said he was sending a letter to European Competition Commissioner Neelie Kroes with details on a new motorway tariff directive and a court ruling on the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Italy advises EU against insisting on Autostrade" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.