(Adds analyst, market reaction) By Michael Shields, European Auto Correspondent HANOVER, Germany, June 15 (Reuters) - Car sales in western Europe rose for the fourth straight month in May despite fewer shopping days and flagging consumer spending in patches of the continent. A strong showing in Italy -- which overtook Britain last month as Europe's second-biggest market -- helped new car registrations overall rise 1.2 percent to 1.24 million units for the 18 countries in the region, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Italy helps European car sales advance in May" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.