(Adds closing prices, analyst comment in paras 14-15) TOKYO, Sept 22 (Reuters) - Shares of Japanese auto makers, dependent on the U.S. market for most of their profits, tumbled on Monday as the yen swung sharply higher against the dollar. Honda Motor Co , Japan's second-largest auto maker, plunged almost eight percent to close at 4,750 yen. Toyota Motor Corp skidded more than five percent to 3,510 yen and Nissan Motor Co fell 4.8 percent to 1,265 yen. A stronger Japanese currency eats ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Japan auto stocks skid as yen revs higher" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.