(Recasts with industry sources confirming price rises) By Edwina Gibbs TOKYO, March 26 (Reuters) - Japanese steel makers, facing steep rises in raw material costs and struggling to rectify low domestic prices for their products, have won price increases from some major customers, industry sources said on Friday. Rapid economic growth in China has created booming demand for steel and has also sent prices of raw materials such as iron ore and coking coal skyrocketing. Price rises for ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Japan steel makers win price rises -sources" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642