(Updates with fire contained, background) TOKYO, Aug 20 (Reuters) - Japan's Bridgestone Corp. said on Friday its biggest domestic tyre plant had caught fire, less than a year after a huge blaze at another factory dealt a significant blow to the firm's earnings. The fire, which broke out in the plant's rubber-mixing area at around 2:22 p.m. (0522 GMT), was contained shortly after but left 13 employees injured from burns and smoke inhalation. The cause of the fire, at the Amagi plant in ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Japan's Bridgestone reports 2nd plant fire in a year" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642