* Japan firms fail to make significant European inroads * South Korea's Hyundai, Kia boost sales, market share * Japan firms try to boost local production amid strong yen By Yoko Kubota PARIS, Sept 27 (Reuters) - Japanese automakers, battered by a strong yen, are hunkering down in a stormy Europe, taking tentative steps to stand up to their aggressive South Korean rivals, in a market they see as challenging but worth the effort. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-For Japan's carmakers, Europe market worth the struggle" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.