(Recasts) By Edwina Gibbs and Emi Emoto TOKYO, Aug 17 (Reuters) - Deeply in debt and with two bail-outs already to its name, struggling Japanese retailer Daiei Inc. again has its back against a wall, but with serious reform in prospect, it is now attracting heavy investor interest. Media reports on Tuesday said U.S. turnaround fund Ripplewood Holdings LLC was considering throwing its hat in the ring, while trading group Marubeni Corp. , a Daiei shareholder, said it also might consider ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Japan's Daiei attracts interest as reform looms" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642