(Adds background) TOKYO, Jan 27 (Reuters) - Japan's Mitsubishi Tokyo Financial Group (MTFG) said on Thursday it would issue 250 billion yen ($2.42 billion) in new preferred shares to boost the capital of its core banking unit, Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi. The first capital raising for Japan's No. 2 banking group since it turned to the market for about 300 billion yen in 2003 comes ahead of a planned takeover of UFJ Holdings Inc. , the country's ailing fourth-ranked lender, in October. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Japan's MTFG says to issue Y250 bln pref shares" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.