(Adds details, quotes, share price) KOLKATA, Aug 26 (Reuters) - JSW Steel Ltd will go ahead with its project in West Bengal despite agitation at the Tata Motors' Singur project site, a top official said on Tuesday. Tata Motors has faced violent protests and political opposition in the eastern state over farmland acquisition for the plant that is billed to produce the world's cheapest car. The car maker has also threatened to end the project in Singur, an hour's drive from Kolkata, if ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1- JSW Steel to go ahead with Bengal project - official" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.