(Adds Smart reaction, details, background, market reaction) FRANKFURT, May 24 (Reuters) - U.S. car customiser ZAP caused a stir on Tuesday by announcing it had ordered $1 billion worth of Smart minicars from DaimlerChrysler , but any deal seemed far from certain. California-based ZAP, which modifies the Smart car to meet U.S. safety and emissions standards, acknowledged it was still awaiting confirmation that the order would be filled. The German-American carmaker's Smart division, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Jumbo U.S. "order" for Smart cars sows confusion" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642