(Adds share price) NEW YORK, Sept 23 (Reuters) - Thor Industries Inc. said on Friday demand for campers jumped in September, with many orders from dealers selling to Hurricane Katrina evacuees. Shares of the company rose 3.6 percent in morning trading on the New York Stock Exchange. The company, which is the largest U.S. manufacturer of recreation vehicles and mid-size buses, said it has received 13,000 towable recreation vehicle orders so far this month, totaling over $210 million. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Katrina raises demand for campers, Thor says" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642