* Consumers Union calls for reform of US auto safety * NHTSA needs more money, tougher sanctions-report * Reform call comes as US hearings on Toyota begin WASHINGTON, Feb 23 (Reuters) - Consumers Union, the nonprofit publisher of Consumer Reports, issued a call on Tuesday for urgent changes to strengthen U.S. auto safety regulation in the wake of a massive recall by Toyota Motor Corp . Consumers Union said that the U.S. safety regulatory system should be reformed to become more ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Key consumer group urges US car safety reform" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.