(Adds details, background) PRAGUE, Nov 26 (Prague) - South Korean car maker Kia Motors is considering investing 100 million to 200 million dollars on a new engine plant in Slovakia, doubling its capacity in the country, a spokesman for its Slovak unit said on Wednesday. The project would boost Kia's capacity to 600,000 engines a year by 2012, with production starting in 2010-11 if construction gets the green light. "There are several options in play but the investment should be from ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Kia Motors mulls new engine plant in Slovakia" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.