* Says delay in closing deal led to collapse of talks * Says funding issues were not the problem * Saab says disappointed, firm has good business plan (Adds background, Saab comment) By Nick Vinocur and Johannes Hellstrom STOCKHOLM, Nov 24 (Reuters) - Tiny Swedish luxury carmaker Koenigsegg has pulled out of talks to buy Saab Automobile, putting in doubt the future of General Motors' [GM.UL] loss-making unit. Saab, which has made cars in Trollhattan, southwest Sweden, since 1949, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Koenigsegg pulls out of deal to buy GM unit Saab" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.