(Recasts, adds detail, reaction to labor opposition) By Susan Cornwell WASHINGTON, May 20 (Reuters) - Organized labor on Tuesday denounced a Republican senator's proposal for curbing asbestos lawsuits as a "corporate bailout", while Democrats debated whether to co-sponsor the measure. AFL-CIO General Counsel Jon Hiatt charged that Utah Republican Orrin Hatch's $108 billion plan was a deep disappointment after lengthy negotiations between unions, business, insurers and lawmakers on the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Labor hits U.S. asbestos bill as company bailout" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642