(Adds quotes, background) FRANKFURT, March 25 (Reuters) - DaimlerChrysler plans to halt production of its four-door Smart car and focus solely on the loss-making minicar business's two-seat version, it said in a statement on Saturday. The move is subject to negotiations with Mitsubishi Motors Corp , which makes the ForFour model at a plant in the Netherlands, and approval by Daimler's supervisory board. The reorganisation would cost around 1 billion euros ($1.20 billion) and cut 300 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Latest Smart revamp to cost Daimler 1 bln euros" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.