(Adds details on outlook revisions) DETROIT, July 29 (Reuters) - Auto parts maker Lear Corp posted a steep drop in quarterly profit on Tuesday due to sharply lower vehicle production in North America, and cut its 2008 financial forecast. Lear, which has stepped up restructuring in response to the auto production cuts, lowered its 2008 sales forecast to $15 billion from $15.5 billion. It cut its forecast for core operating earnings to a range of $550 million to $600 million, from $600 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Lear profit drops, 2008 forecast is cut" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642