(Adds details, combines with cancellation of sale plan) SEOUL, Nov 17 (Reuters) - LG Chem Ltd., South Korea's top chemicals maker, said on Thursday it would invest 2.2 trillion won ($2.12 billion) over the next 5 years in local plants to boost output of mainly laptop batteries and polarisers. LG said it would spend 1.5 trillion won, nearly 70 percent of the total, to expand production lines for rechargeable batteries for laptops and polarisers used to produce laptop screens, adding the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-LG Chem to boost spending, scraps auto parts sale" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642