(Adds detail) OTTAWA, Oct 26 (Reuters) - More Canadian manufacturers expect to cut production and dismiss workers in the fourth quarter than in the third quarter, according to a business survey by Statistics Canada released on Thursday. The gloomy outlook comes as a U.S.-led economic slowdown adds to firms' fears that a strong Canadian dollar is undermining their competitiveness and a lack of skilled labor in some regions. Manufacturers reported a dramatic decline in the number of new ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Life to get tougher for Canada manufacturers-poll" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.