(Adds details) TORONTO, Aug 28 (Reuters) - Linamar Corp , which makes precision automotive components for engines and transmissions, said it will announce about 400 layoffs later on Thursday. The layoffs will be spread out across Linamar's 38 plants worldwide, 22 of which are in Guelph, Ontario, and come on top of slightly under 400 workers already on layoff, a company spokeswoman said. She said volume reductions in both the industrial and automotive industry are down around 20 percent ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Linamar to layoff another 400 workers" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642