(Updates with details. In U.S. dollars unless noted) TORONTO, May 17 (Reuters) - Magna International said on Monday it had struck an agreement to buy a majority stake in DaimlerChrysler's New Venture Gear drivetrain unit, in a widely expected deal. The Canadian autoparts maker, which had long been checking out the New Venture Gear business, said it would initially own 80 percent of the business in a joint venture with DaimlerChrysler, taking full control by September 2007. Magna pegged ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Magna strikes deal to buy DaimlerChrysler unit" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.