(Adds quotes, background) By Mark Bendeich KUALA LUMPUR, May 22 (Reuters) - Malaysia and Japan reached in-principle agreement on a free trade pact on Sunday, overcoming some major differences on Malaysia's automotive policy, Malaysia's trade minister and a Japanese trade official said. Malaysia, Southeast Asia's biggest passenger car market, seeks to shelter its two major domestic carmakers from the full force of competition through tax breaks, a thorny issue in many of its bilateral ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Malaysia, Japan agree framework for free trade pact" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.