(Adds envoy comment, para 7) KUALA LUMPUR, June 24 (Reuters) - Malaysia has accused a European Union envoy of meddling in its affairs after he criticised Kuala Lumpur's affirmative action plan favouring majority ethnic Malays, a newspaper said on Sunday. The European Commission's chief representative to Malaysia, Thierry Rommel, said on Thursday Malaysia should roll back its 37-year-old New Economic Policy (NEP), which gives privileges in businesses, jobs and education to Malays. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Malaysia rebukes EU envoy over race policy remark" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.