(Adds quotes, details, throughout) KUALA LUMPUR, Jan 24 (Reuters) - Malaysian new vehicle sales jumped nearly 10 percent to a record in 2002 driven by low interest rates and the launch of new models, but growth is likely to splutter this year as buyers wait for prices to fall. Sales rose to 434,954 units in 2002 from 396,381 the year before and compared with a previous record of 404,837 in 1997, the Malaysian Automotive Association said on Friday. But growth in sales is likely to slow ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Malaysia sees record vehicle sales in 2002" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.