* Shares of Tradewinds dropped 23 percent year-to-date * Low share prices, cheap financing drive buyouts By Yantoultra Ngui KUALA LUMPUR, Dec 26 (Reuters) - A Malaysian tycoon's 1.5 billion ringgit ($489.40 million) buyout offer for commodities firm Tradewinds Bhd underscores a privatisation drive in Southeast Asia as low share prices and cheap finance entice dealmakers to snap up assets. Malaysia's sixth richest man, the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Malaysia tycoon's Tradewinds offer adds to SE Asia buyout spree" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.