(Adds full-year result and comparison with consensus) KUALA LUMPUR, May 30 (Reuters) - Malaysia's biggest carmaker, state-controlled Proton Holdings Bhd , reported a fourth-quarter net profit in line with expectations on Tuesday, but painted a bleak outlook. The company, which suffered heavy losses in the first half of its year to end-March, highlighted tough competition, dampened consumer demand at home and increasing energy costs. "Intense competition in both the domestic and export ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Malaysia's Proton profitable but sees rocky road" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.