(Adds details, quotes) KUALA LUMPUR, Oct 31 (Reuters) - Malaysian conglomerate Sime Darby Bhd , which has interests ranging from plantations to power, said on Thursday it hoped to finalise the future of its BMW wholesale car franchise by the end of this year. German automaker BMW AG plans to set up a company to handle the Malaysian wholesale business, with a Sime subsidiary retaining assembly and retailing rights. Sime wants to retain some interest in the wholesaling. "They are not ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Malaysia's Sime to finalise BMW talks by year-end" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.