(Adds details, quote) KUALA LUMPUR, Feb 28 (Reuters) - Malaysian conglomerate Sime Darby Bhd reported an 86 percent dive in second-quarter profit on Monday after booking provisions for a hydroelectric dam project, its auto operation in China and a whitegoods business. Sime Darby, one of Asia's oldest conglomerates, posted a net profit of 27.8 million ringgit ($7.3 million) in the three months ended Dec. 31, compared with a net profit of 194.3 million ringgit in the same quarter a year ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Malaysia's Sime Q2 profit plunges on provision" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.