(Adds details, background) CAPE TOWN, April 29 (Reuters) - South Africa on Wednesday named MAN and Daimler AG's Mercedes Benz unit as the preferred bidders to supply semi-luxury and general spectator buses for the 2010 Soccer World Cup. Transport Minister Jeff Radebe said spectator transport during the tournament will be boosted by the acquisition of the the buses. "I am also delighted to announce that government is putting a guarantee of 1.4 billion rand ($162 million) for the purpose ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-MAN, Daimler bidders for S.Africa 2010 bus contract" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.