(Adds details, background) FRANKFURT, Sept 28 (Reuters) - Shares in German truck maker MAN rose more than 4 percent on Thursday on market talk that car maker Volkswagen could make a bid for the company, several dealers in Frankfurt said. Volumes in MAN stock were 1.2 million shares in the first two hours of trading, nearing the 90-day full-day average of 1.3 million. "There's talk going around that VW wants to buy MAN," said one trader, while others confirmed the talk. No immediate ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-MAN rises on talk of possible VW bid-dealers" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.