* GDP grows 0.5 percent in January as expected * Growth led by manufacturing, transportation, wholesale (Adds details) OTTAWA, March 31 (Reuters) - Canadian manufacturers expanded production at the fastest rate since 2003 in January, boosting the overall economy by 0.5 percent, Statistics Canada said on Thursday. The strong start to 2011 reaffirmed market expectations that the recovery will continue at a fast pace after the economy surged 3.3 percent on annualized basis in the fourth ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Manufacturing boosts Canada's economy in January" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.