* CEO passionately defends choice to close Italian plant * Says European car sales market needs 4 years to recover * Says integration with Chrysler on track (Adds quotes, background, further details) TURIN, March 26 (Reuters) - Fiat's boss Sergio Marchionne said Italy remains pivotal for the group, despite the planned closure of a large plant in Sicily and expansion abroad to fight a global crisis that has crippled the car sector. Rejecting domestic attacks on the company's ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Marchionne says Italy remains pivotal for Fiat" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.