(Adds price cut details) MUMBAI, Feb 28 (Reuters) - India's top car maker, Maruti Udyog Ltd. on Tuesday cut prices of its small cars by up to 25,000 rupees following an excise duty cut in India's federal budget for 2006/07. Finance Minister Palaniappan Chidambaram has proposed to cut the excise duty on small cars to 16 percent from 24 percent. The price reductions on Maruti's five small car models ranged from 12,704 rupees ($285) on the mini 800 to 25,052 rupees ($564) on a premium Zen ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Maruti cuts prices of small cars after budget" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642