(Adds details, stock price movement) BOMBAY, Dec 22 (Reuters) - India's largest car maker, Maruti Udyog Ltd , said on Monday 27 percent of its workers had opted for a voluntary retirement scheme offered recently by the company. Last month, New Delhi-based Maruti, held 54.2 percent by Japan's Suzuki Motor Corp , signed a new wage deal with its workers' union in a bid to reduce costs in a cut-throat market. Maruti said in a statement the two-stage offer was accepted by 276 non-unionised ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Maruti says 27 pct staff accepts VRS" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.